ALASKA CHAPTER EARNS FIFTH STRAIGHT
SCTE•ISBE TOP CHAPTER TITLE
For the fifth consecutive time, the Alaska Chapter holds the prestigious honor of SCTE•ISBE Chapter of the Year!
Patrick A. Campbell achieved the title of Chapter Leader of the Year. An SCTE•ISBE member since 2009, Campbell is Field Network Technician III with Cox Communications, in Tulsa, Okla. Campbell serves as secretary of the Sooner State Chapter. The award was renamed this year from Chapter Member of the Year.
The Alaska Chapter earned the distinction of chapter of the year for its exemplary performance in serving local cable telecommunications technical professionals and advancing the Society’s mission throughout 2017. Michael K. Snyder, OSP quality assurance manager with GCI Communications, is the chapter’s chair. This marks the sixth time that the Alaska Chapter has captured top honors.
The Society honored its chapter standouts based on 2017 performance during the 17th Annual SCTE•ISBE Chapter Awards Dinner as part of SCTE•ISBE Chapter Leadership Conference (CLC) 2018.
SCTE•ISBE also presented awards for second- through eighth-place chapter of the year to:
- Second Place – Golden Gate Chapter (Calif.)
- Third Place – Piedmont Chapter (N.C.)
- Fourth Place – Sierra Chapter (Calif.)
- Fifth Place – Lake Michigan Chapter (Mich.)
- Sixth Place – Chesapeake Chapter (Md.)
- Seventh Place – Sooner State Chapter (Okla.)
- Eighth Place – Cascade Range Chapter (Ore.)
- Most Improved – Chesapeake Chapter
The chapter awards also include the Compliance, Recruitment, Striving for Excellence, and Professional Development awards; a most improved chapter in each of these categories is also recognized. The honorees are:
- Compliance Award: Alaska Chapter; most improved: North Central Texas Chapter
- Recruitment Award: Alaska Chapter; most improved: Penn-Ohio Chapter
- Striving for Excellence Award: Golden Gate Chapter (Calif.); most improved: Chesapeake Chapter
- Professional Development Award: Alaska Chapter; most improved: North Florida Chapter
Details about the Society’s chapters, including where they are located and who oversees them, are available at www.scte.org/chapters. Details about the awards can be found there as well. Information about CLC 2018 is available at www.scte.org/clc.